10 Gallon Tank Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willowfurever

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I’m new, so I’m not sure if this is the right place to post.:confused: Sorry!
So I’m wondering about something. In the future, I will be getting a ten gallon tank, and I would like to put one male guppy and two female guppies in, along with about 10 or less red cherry shrimp in. Would that be okay? Would that be overstocking?
Also, what are some other fish I would be able to put in the tank, along with the 3 guppies and shrimp? I’m aware that no other fish may be able to go in the tank.
Also, I love Pygmy Cories, and I’m wondering if I could put a couple of them into the ten gallon. Would this be overstocking, and are they too active for that? If I can’t put the cories in, I’ll just have to not get them, as much as I love them. :(
Thank you in advance!

A trio of guppies and that amount of shrimp would work quite well in a 10 gallon.
I believe that pygmy cories are too active for a 10, IMO. They would appreciate more room to run around. I'd leave the tank with just the guppies and shrimp, don't want to overcrowd it.

Back
Top Bottom