144g Stocking Suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I never knew that!! What about this then:

180 GALLON STOCKING LIST:
- 1 Black Ghost Knife Fish
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Black Convict Cichlids
- 1 Pink Convict Cichlids
- 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish
- 2 Green Severums

Thanks! :)

Wow, I never knew that!! What about this then:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 5 Pictus Catfish

Thanks! :)

You still have 7 fish that reach 12" on their own, plus a supporting cast of other semi-aggressive fish. This would be way more realistic.

That does sound good, although I already have a BGKF and one Bala Shark. Maybe I could do:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 1 Bala Shark
- 5 Pictus Catfish

I'd ditch the bala, they are a social schooling fish and when they're kept alone they can be extremely skittish potentially leading to injury. The EBJD have all sorts of health issues and it's somewhat rare to have them live past 3", they are best kept alone in my opinion.

"I'd ditch the bala, they are social schooling fish and when they're kept alone they can be extremely skittish potentially leading to injury."

Hmm, I'm not sure - I don't like giving fish back to the shop (esp. when i've already had it and its been fine for nearly 6 months). That being said, although it is fine now, I can picture it being skittish in a tank full of agressive cichlids. But honestly, i'd rather up the school than give it away.

"The EBJD have all sorts of health issues and it's somewhat rare to have them live past 3", they are best kept alone in my opinion."

Yeah, that's exactly what Oscar98 said - but now hearing that having them past 3" is rare that's def. put me off having them. And I wouldn't be able to replace it with a regular JD because of how agressive they are, right?

So maybe:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish
- 2 Green Severums

In my opinion 2 large fish with a supporting cast is plenty, there are some that may disagree. If anything you may get away with bumping up the Thorichthys meeki count to four.

Yeah, I can definitely see why that's your view. So you mean add on 2 firemouths as well as this:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish
- 2 Green Severums

or did I misunderstand you there lol?

Yeah, I can definitely see why that's your view. So you mean add on 2 firemouths as well as this:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 4 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 5 Pictus Catfish

or did I misunderstand you there lol?

Something like this.

Ah, okay - thanks! I'll have a mess around with it then and see what I can come up with. :)

Also, will 4000l/hour be okay for filtration?

If you looking into a texas there are two common fish by that name, I'd look at Herichthys carpintis escondido which is by far the better of the two.

Herichthtys is a great genus, here is my turquoise sp.

Yeah, that first picture was the exact picture that made me want the texas cichld I believe! And Wow, that one is AMAZING! How old is it?

Not mine so I have no idea, the bottom fish is mine and he's around 3 years old. Just make sure you get the correct fish because there are two, the green texas is Herichthys cyanoguttatus where the blue spangled fish is Herichthys carpintis "Escondido".

Yeah, I was meaning the second one lol - it looks great though! And Yeah, I think what i'll do is right down what you posted there so I can take it to the LFS when I am getting them. :)

Thanks for that! :D

Back
Top Bottom