2 empty tanks, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I officially have MTS! The 55 gallon is up and running with all my fish in it. Everything looks like it's doing good and it's almost done cycling. My 10 gal is now empty and 2 days ago, I scored a 20 gal on the side of the road! It holds water and looks good. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the empty tanks. I was thinking of making the 10 gal a dwarf puffer tank. I have no idea what to do with the 20 gal. I don't want to try a sw. I don't think I have the time or money to take care of one. I need ideas. What would you do with a 20 gal?

i second the planted community but u might want to think of a more unique fish to go in it. i personally really like my new german blue rams. they are stunning fish and u could put like 4 of them in the 20 gal and maybe a few cories. u could plants like 3/4 of it and then do a rocky formation n one part that is kinda how i det mine up because the rams like to swim around the rocks. check out my gallery for an idea because mine is also a 20 gal. with the right decoration you can make your tank look bigger than it is. i have had a few people think that mine is bigger than a 20 gal

Planted.

I love my thickly planted 29gal. It is by far my favorite tank to stare at.

hey, dienna i havent seen you on this in a while, i would actually put the puffers in the 20 gallon and then try a heavily planted for the ten gallon with some neons or whatever you would like...but of course its only my own opinion

good luck, and if you are looking for supplies, Petco is having a major sale a "Grand Re-Opening" sale :D

Hey guys. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definately going to have both tanks planted. It's going to take some time for me to get them both ready for fish, but it's okay, I have my hands full with the 55 gal right now. (Lol, water changes were easy w/ the 10 gal. They're a little exhausting w/ the big one). So many options, but I have a lot of time to plan. I can't wait! I like Mr Funktastic's idea about having a couple unique fish. I don't know much about Blue Rams, actually I don't know anything about them or any other cichlid, lol. I saw the thread that keeps popping up about them, I'll check that out when I get done with this post. Cichlids always sounded cool to me, I need to find out which species stay small. One of the fish-fry restaurants around here have a large tank of them and they are so big.
*Mr86mister - Hey! I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been on as much. I was looking at the 10 gal this morning after I read your post and it was looking so small. I'm now thinking about what you said. How many of those little guys would you put in a 20 gal? 4?

Back
Top Bottom