2 Kribs in a 29g, what can go with them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to buy apistos for my new 29g, but instead I saw some beautiful kribs and I bought a pair of them. I'm trying out some silver hatchets with them, but I think the female krib is putting undue stress on them. When the hatchets wander towards the middle the female nips at them and they just flutter about as if they don't know how to swim to safety. I think I'm going to move the hatchets to a safer tank.

Now I'm entertaining the idea of a different fish to go with them. Would it be a death sentence to put a juvenile angelfish with them? I'm also thinking of tiger barbs as I think they can hold their own against the kribs and the kribs likewise to them. I guess rummynose are out of the question because my girlfriend hates them for some reason. I'm open to other suggestions though.

I totally agree with Andrew. I've kept Kribs off and on and if you want to keep other fish with a pair they need to be fish that can hold their own, such as barbs. Also Kribs are usually pretty prolific breeders and their aggression levels are really bad during spawning. Every time I've had a pair I've ended up giving them their own tank.

Back
Top Bottom