2 oranda in 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Maybe...they can get to 12"

I was wonderimg because a you have to add 10 for every fancy goldfish and i was thinking 30 is the same as 29

I don't think most have the potential to hit 12", regardless of tank size.

One thing thing no one ever seems to realize is that volume means NOTHING without water changes. Two in a 75 is overstocked without enough water changes, 3 are fine in a 29 with enough water changes. I define 'enough water changes' as adequate to keep nitrate concentration under 20ppm BEFORE a water change.

I think two orandas in a well maintained 29 are fine.

FishGuy made a very valid point re: maintenance and water changes. I personally would also not add ANY more fish, would make sure I have the best possible filter(s) on it, and would keep an eye out for a bigger tank in the future. But you are probably ok with 2 fancies in a 29 as long as you stay on top of your WCs.

Yes, they do. That's why they need plenty of room, and a good filter, and someone to change the water, and clean the gravel. But I love them, anyway! (Fancy goldfish and pond comets are what I have had for almost 30 years.)

glassbird said:
Yes, they do. That's why they need plenty of room, and a good filter, and someone to change the water, and clean the gravel. But I love them, anyway! (Fancy goldfish and pond comets are what I have had for almost 30 years.)

Yeah i have 2 filters for just 1 goldfish.80 gallon filter for just 1 fish.

Back
Top Bottom