20 gallon stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, my friend has a 20 gallon that has been sitting around and i am trying to get him into the fish hobby. From what he told me he wants a big aggressive fish (which i guess he means some SA/CA cichlid) and some little schoolers. I gave him several ideas letting him know that 20 gallons isnt very big but lets hear some ideas. :)

mikeISright said:
Hey guys, my friend has a 20 gallon that has been sitting around and i am trying to get him into the fish hobby. From what he told me he wants a big aggressive fish (which i guess he means some SA/CA cichlid) and some little schoolers. I gave him several ideas letting him know that 20 gallons isnt very big but lets hear some ideas. :)

Yeah unfortunately a 20 gallon won't really suit a "big aggressive fish". He could always start out small but eventually they'll get bigger and need more room. :/ 20 gallon is really tough to to do anything for aggressive fish, if he wanted to do SA/CA cichlids, I'd recommend a minimum of 55 gallon tank.

mikeISright said:

He wouldn't be able to do much with aggressive fish in that tank . He MIGHT be able to do german blue rams , a school or tetra or Rasboras and Pygmy cory and shrimp. He would be better off doing community JMO

Samzter said:
He wouldn't be able to do much with aggressive fish in that tank . He MIGHT be able to do german blue rams , a school or tetra or Rasboras and Pygmy cory and shrimp. He would be better off doing community JMO

+1 I was gonna say gbr's also but wasn't sure if even a 20 would suit them

Tiger barbs?? Maybe a bumble bee catfish? I think once it was full grown it could eat smaller fish.

You could probably do a senegal Bicher, given that'd be the only thing you could have in the tank bc they grow rather large, biggest one I've seen was about a foot

EDIT: but be careful with these guys as they WILL JUMP OUT of the tank if not secured tightly

I said a jewel and maybe some barbs or something. I have a jellybean convict that would probably work. Its at its full size of about 2.5 inches. Any ideas on that?

Leopard Ctenoma(sp?)

They eat almost anything smaller than them and are very very aggressive. Require a species tank

emerald76 said:
Leopard Ctenoma(sp?)

They eat almost anything smaller than them and are very very aggressive. Require a species tank

Dont they get to big for a 20 gallon?

mikeISright said:
Dont they get to big for a 20 gallon?

Someone on here( I think it is OBEYtheFISH, sorry if I'm wrong) has some in a 25
They get three inches long I believe

Back
Top Bottom