20 gallon stocking idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicole_288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank. Can I put 7 neon tetras, 3 female platys, and 2 dwarf gouramis?

Also, does it matter the gender of the dwarf gouramis, can I get 2 male or 2 female. I don’t want babies.

In principal there is no issue with your proposed fish numbers.

I would get 2 female dwarf gourami if you are able. 2 males might fights, 1 m/ 1 f and the male might overly harass the female. If you want a male then just stick with 1 gourami.

If you dont want babies i would go with all male platys. Female platys can hold sperm and produce young for up to 6 months after being with a male, so unless you 100% know the males and females where seperated before breeding age there is always a chance your female platys are already pregnant when you buy them.

In principal there is no issue with your proposed fish numbers.

I would get 2 female dwarf gourami if you are able. 2 males might fights, 1 m/ 1 f and the male might overly harass the female. If you want a male then just stick with 1 gourami.

If you dont want babies i would go with all male platys. Female platys can hold sperm and produce young for up to 6 months after being with a male, so unless you 100% know the males and females where seperated before breeding age there is always a chance your female platys are already pregnant when you buy them.

Okay, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom