20 Gallon Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Converting my 20 Gallon goldfish tank to a tropical tank. I will definitely be adding 5 Tiger Barbs. What else can I stock with them that will co-exist and that will have a nice bit of color? I'd like some cory cats if that is possible. I want to put as many fish as safely possible in the tank. SO, the smaller the fis, the better, lol.

Thanks!

For reference, i have a Tetra Whisper 20i filter BUT, i plan on adding a DIY canister filter too.

You could do neon tetras, cardinal tetras, rummy nose tetras. For Cory you would only want to do Pygmy corys, and it's recommended that you keep at least 3 of them and the more the better. You could also do other barbs like Cherry, green, and gold.

You could do neon tetras, cardinal tetras, rummy nose tetras. For Cory you would only want to do Pygmy corys, and it's recommended that you keep at least 3 of them and the more the better. You could also do other barbs like Cherry, green, and gold.

I was told that the barbs would not get along with neon tetra's. You're saying I should be ok with both?

They should be fine. Barbs can be temperamental. If your worried about them being mean you could do zebra danios, or maybe a dwarf gourami. Corys would be fine also.

They should be fine. Barbs can be temperamental. If your worried about them being mean you could do zebra danios, or maybe a dwarf gourami. Corys would be fine also.

I want to have fish with good bold colors. I plan on using sand instead of gravel so I want a nice contrast :)

Well Maybe, the 5 tigers, 2 German blue rams, and a neon blue gourami.

Would I still be able to have a few cory's on the bottom? I will be runnign a dual filter setup so waste shouldnt be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom