20 gallon stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaruim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to aquarium and fish keeping. I been reading up on "cycling" and water quality and all the information. I have a 20 gallon cycled tank. I have 5 black skirt tetras. I read they are peaceful and many consider them semi aggressive. I feel they are semi aggressive and fin nippers. I witnessed it and rehomed the fish who were getting attacked. I know some people say no go doing tiger barbs with black skirt tetras. I feel it won't be a problem as I see more actually aggression from black skirts then I do with tiger barbs. My question to all of you is can I fit 5 black skirts and 6-7 tiger barbs (currently babies) in a 20 gallon tank with a 40 gallon hob filter and doing water tests every other day and water changes if nitrates are high? Would that be ok if not why? Thanks everyone.

Tiger barbs are very aggressive. You could do 5-6 if it was just them in the tank, they get bigger.
I would do more black skirts or go with the white skirt tetra if you want colour variety.

Back
Top Bottom