20 Long Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I'm currently planning a 20 long project that ill be getting in a month or so. I've just been getting starter kits but this one I wanna get everything good. Can you guys give suggestions on what filters would be good for this tank? As well as lights? Im not too experienced with lighting and it just confuses me. I want a glass top, but it doesn't matter as long as its good lighting. As well as a good heater. It would help if you guys can name the approximate price for the suggested items as well.

It is going to he heavily planted in sand substrate. Thanks again for the help!

In a 20L a good T5HO 2 bulb fixture would be good for plants. What type of plants are you wanting? The type of lighting will determine the type of plants you can grow so it might be good if you look at alot of plants and see what you like and want to use then figure out the best fixture to buy. I don't use glass or any type of top on my tanks. I use Fluval heaters. I'm not good on HOB filters as I prefer canisters. A fluval 106 or 206 (which is what I would go with) would be good. As for price it all depends on the equipment you choose and how cheaply you can find it online.

In a 20L a good T5HO 2 bulb fixture would be good for plants. What type of plants are you wanting? The type of lighting will determine the type of plants you can grow so it might be good if you look at alot of plants and see what you like and want to use then figure out the best fixture to buy. I don't use glass or any type of top on my tanks. I use Fluval heaters. I'm not good on HOB filters as I prefer canisters. A fluval 106 or 206 (which is what I would go with) would be good. As for price it all depends on the equipment you choose and how cheaply you can find it online.

I don't really plan on any too high tech of plants. Maybe different kinds of rotala and ludwigia. Some swords and crpyts. Not really anything too hard to take care of. What kind of lighting would be good for that/

A good T5HO 2 bulb fixture would work and there are a couple LED fixtures but I don't know their names. Hopefully someone more knowledgable about LED's will chime in.

You are going to need root tabs for any crypts or swords as they are heavy root feeders. You will also need a fertilizer, something like Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone for potassium and iron would be a good combination but if your going heavily planted it would be better to get dry ferts and dose either El or PPS-Pro so you get a good macro and micro dosing regime. Also using a liquid carbon like Excel would help plants with growth and photosynthesis.

Back
Top Bottom