29 Gallon "centerpiece" fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My beautiful blue gourami just died a few weeks ago. Now in my 29 gallon I'm left with 5 harlequin Rasboras, 2 Platy fish, and 1 Molly. I would like to get another colorful "centerpiece" type fish for my tank. I don't want another gourami right now, and unfortunately I can't find any GBRs anywhere near me. Any suggestions?

Personally I think centerpiece fish are overrated. I find a well planted , well stocked tank with happy healthy fish is fascinating to watch. Very few fish do well as single fish. Bettas and Gouramis are the two main exceptions for smaller tanks.
My CPDs and my Cories are fascinating to watch.

Maybe a BN Pleco ? If you have a very good filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd try an apisto or Bolivian yeah. And look a maybe a Cory school, definitely interesting and active creatures.

Bolivians and GBR are not really solitary fish. Would be wise to keep a pair of them (male+female).

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Bolivians and GBR are not really solitary fish. Would be wise to keep a pair of them (male+female).

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Only if there's enough floor space for pair. Otherwise the pair may kill each other if it's too small of a tank. Or they may start harassing the rest of the tank if they're feeling too cramped.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom