29 Gallon Tank leaning forward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vultusmirus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just set up my fish tank about 72 hours ago and put fish in yesterday, and today I realize the tank is leaning forward. the provided images below sort of display the lean, it's from my second knuckle to the top of my third. (so about an inch forward lean from bottom of stand to the top of it...) I'm a bit worried. I live on the third floor of an apartment complex. Is it safe to leave it like this? Will it fall over forwards eventually?

unfortunately i dont have a level and i'm not even sure if home depot or lowes is considered 'essential' so I dont know if I can even get one right now.

water level difference
23013_5e8ecd1537841.jpg

top of tank
23013_5e8ecd3cbba10.jpg

bottom of tank
23013_5e8ecd61a7696.jpg

Is it the stand itself that is uneven? I would put your fish in a bucket and empty the tank. You can call around and see if they offer curbside pickup. A lot of stores are doing that for people.

there are also apps you can get on your phone that simulate a level in the meantime. My local fish guru puts a piece of insulation foam board under his tanks as an extra sort of self levelling tool.

Is it the stand itself that is uneven? I would put your fish in a bucket and empty the tank. You can call around and see if they offer curbside pickup. A lot of stores are doing that for people.

i think it is, i constructed it after buying it from petsmart and I didn't do a very good job.

Ok! I got some shims and hammered them in under the feet of the tank and I think I got it almost perfect. Is this an ok position for the bubble to be in? thanks!

Lean Forward Level
20200409_181739.jpg

Horizontal Level
20200409_181617.jpg

I think the bubbles have to be all in the middle lines.... I think
they won't all be in the middle, some are used for different measurements. if you are measuring flat you use the middle bubble. Just do it from different edges, front to back and side to side etc.

they won't all be in the middle, some are used for different measurements. if you are measuring flat you use the middle bubble. Just do it from different edges, front to back and side to side etc.
Thanks for the clarification

leaning forward 29 gal

Hello there
your tank is fine my house is 114 years old (no kidding) it is so unlevel that when you put a marble on the floor it rolls by itself my tank is leaning forward and one side on my 29 gallon is an inch higher in water then the other side it's fine just dont try and knock it over and you'll be fine.(y)

Back
Top Bottom