35 Gallon Tank Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 35 Gallon tank with a Tetra whisper 45EX HOB and a Tetra Whisper 20 EX HOB. It will be a slight to mildy planted tank so take that into consideration. My current list is 5 Hi Fin Lyretail Swordtails, 6 Zebra Danios, 4 SterbasCory Cats, 5 Green Cobra Guppy, and 8 Cardinal Tetra. According to AqAdvisor my tank is only 73 % stocked but i think 28 fish (although they will remain fairly small) is the right amount for a 35 Gallon tank. My filter filtration rate is 85 % and that is based off of AqAdvisor only counting that the filter is 75% effective, and I have read that anything above 80 % is good. Also, my weekly suggested water change is 40 % which i will do, so with that being said what does everyone think.... any ideas, suggestions or anything I need to know? :fish2:

The more fish you add, the more water you'll have to change every week. Either that or add a lot more plants to help with the biological load. I think you're at a good stocking level now...maybe at most add 2 more cories to form a nice school and maybe 2 more cardinal tetras. :)

Back
Top Bottom