46g journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is your most recommended filters?

I was looking at the aquatop cf400 but I was wondering if their was a better and more recommended one

The aquatops are pretty good for the money. I've got 3 in various sizes running at the the moment. Some of the fittings seem a bit flimsy but I've yet to have one break.

I've only used hob filters, but have had good luck with penguins, they last for a long time, and if you keep them clean, they work pretty well. The benefit of this brand is that they are relatively inexpensive. I don't use the cartridges for them, I packed the back with floss, and use a pad in the slot instead of the cartridge.
I have switched to aquaclear on my 55 gal though, and I do love the variable flow, the ability to change media as needed and the quietness compared to the penguin. They are on the pricier side however.
I have no experience with canister filters at all, so I can't contribute to that discussion.
Keep us posted as to what you go with and how you like it.

I always go for a fluval canister. Quite, easy to clean, customizable media. Also if you do get a canister you should have an air stone for oxygen. Since the output is underwater the surface of the water is never broken which mean low oxygen.

For my 25 I have an Aqeon Quit Flow. They have bigger sizes up to 50 gals. It works really well, very quiet, and keeps water clear.

Back
Top Bottom