60g on wood floor - problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am setting up a 60g tank and am deciding where to put it. I have tile in our living room.......but the noise of the filter/water is apparently not appealing to my husband! If I move it to another room it will be on wood flooring. Is that ok or a problem?

I have mine on a wood floor, I just keep a towel on the floor so any water I spill can be dried up quickly, also put felt or rubber under feet of stand as to not scar the wood. Tell your husband to deal with it;)

Ok thanks. I guess I was less worried about spills, more worried about the wood sagging under the weight of it. But if yours is on wood then ok!

I have my 80g on a wood floor. I just got a cheap throw rug from Walmart that has rubber backing on it to put in front of it. Looks nice, keeps the floor from being messed up, and I can throw it in the washer if I need to.

Tanks on Wood Flooring

I am setting up a 60g tank and am deciding where to put it. I have tile in our living room.......but the noise of the filter/water is apparently not appealing to my husband! If I move it to another room it will be on wood flooring. Is that ok or a problem?

Hello Sal...

I have a 45 G on wood flooring. I just picked up some heavy duty pads for the feet of the metal stand. If you have a wooden stand then a rubber mat will work under the stand so there are no marks. My tank has been up for years with no problems.

B

Problem solved. Found a perfect nook in the hallway with tiled floor. Thanks for the advice but problem now solved!

Back
Top Bottom