Adding more fish advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshy92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 350L (92 US Gal) Tropical setup. Loads of plants and deco for hiding places. Sand substrate, very good filteration.

I currently have:

10 Zebra Danios
2 Angel Fish
2 Silver Sharks
1 Red Tail Shark
4 Cory (Panda I think)
3 Clown Loachs
2 Loachs (A type of zebra loach)
2 Algea Eaters (1 Gold 1 normal)
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 Pictus Catfish
1 Female Convict Cichlid

I wanted to add 2 Horseface Loaches to help stur up the sand and keep it clean. Also some shoaling fish like the Rummy nose or the congo tetra's.

But I'm also thinking of getting a Elephant Nose, Butterfly fish and a Siamese Fighter. Would all these be compatable ?

keep an eye on the angelfish some of those are fin nippers and will shred there fins

I have a 350L (92 US Gal) Tropical setup. Loads of plants and deco for hiding places. Sand substrate, very good filteration.

I currently have:

10 Zebra Danios
2 Angel Fish
2 Silver Sharks
1 Red Tail Shark
4 Cory (Panda I think)
3 Clown Loachs
2 Loachs (A type of zebra loach)
2 Algea Eaters (1 Gold 1 normal)
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 Pictus Catfish
1 Female Convict Cichlid

I wanted to add 2 Horseface Loaches to help stur up the sand and keep it clean. Also some shoaling fish like the Rummy nose or the congo tetra's.

But I'm also thinking of getting a Elephant Nose, Butterfly fish and a Siamese Fighter. Would all these be compatable ?

Try This website:

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Sometimes it's hard not buying fish when you go window shopping once a week. And when there's a sale, it's even harder. Don't want to feel like I'm packing a can of sardines.

a bit off topic but is there away to change the flow on a Eheim 2217? As i want fish that are better suited to slow moving water condition and the Eheim has a very powerful output

marshy92 said:
a bit off topic but is there away to change the flow on a Eheim 2217? As i want fish that are better suited to slow moving water condition and the Eheim has a very powerful output

You could add a pre filter sponge to help slow the flow of the water it's sucking up, or you could also silicone a sponge where the water comes out in a way that it diffuses the flow of the water

I have shut off valves on my input and output i could half close one of these? Would that damage the motor in my filter

Your convict is OK in that tank? I had some of those when I was younger not knowing what they were they were only babies and they killed everything!!!!

I had 8 in there and they were evil little buggers, took all out apart from 1 female, shes a little agressive from time to time but nothing major at all. all my other fish are in groups or big and tough enough to stand there ground.

greetings.

you can slightly lower the output valve of the filter to minimize the flow, on my 2426 i can do that but not much before the rotor sounds unhappy. as long as the rotor doesn't sound any different it sould be fine.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the convict hasn't killed anything ye lol vicious things. Anyway if by butterfly fish you mean African Butterfly Fish they are primarily top dwellers but also extremely aggressive with big mouths and will attempt to eat something smaller. Also by siamese fighting fish you mean a Betta then that's a big no as it's fins will look much too appetizing to half of your tank mates lol

Back
Top Bottom