Adding more fishes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wanda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help I have a 75 gallonn tank with a clown knifefish a rainbow shark and a pleco. I would like to add more fish but dont know with one would be safe with my knifefish. :?:

not many, anything smaller than it's mouth will be food.

They don't generally attack larger fish though so as long as you buy something big enough you should be fine.

Full grown clown loach(es)?

Could add a South American Cichlid of sorts? Oscar's have great personality, but that's really pushing it, a clownknife and oscar in a 75-gal. Severums? Blood Parrots? Perhaps some Silver Dollars?

clown knives are known to get 36" in the wild, and even 20" in aquariums, you sure you want to do this?

anything that looks like it could remotely fit in its mouth, will. perhaps larger gouramis, like kissers or moonlights, bichirs...

How big is the clown knife now? It would probably eat any bichir under 6" or so. If you're going with an aggresive tank, which I assume is basically your only option with a clown knife, you could go with South American cichlids, pacus, silver dollars. I'm being redundant, aren't i?

Back
Top Bottom