Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrien765

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello-
I am new here and looking for a little advice. I currently have a 75gal tank with the following occupants:
1 snail
4-5 clown loaches
4 neons
3 gourami
I was thinking of adding a few congo tetra, maybe 4-5 of them. What do you guys/girls think?

Considering they are peaceful, I'm sure they would fit in just fine. I'd also consider adding another 4 neons since they do better and look better in larger groups.

I have 10 Congo tetras in a 70G community tank and they are by far my favourite fish.

They can be quiet a timid fish and take a while to settle in to any new surroundings, some tall plants reallys helps with this.

I had a problem with 1 of my Gourami who didn't get along with my congo's, he would chase the congos and nip their fins at any opportunity especially during feeding time.

4-5 is the minimum i would recommend for congos, 2 females and 3 males would work ok. The females are very dull compared to the males but they bring out the best colours in the males.

I'm far from any expert on congo's but i hope it helps.

Stix

Back
Top Bottom