Advice wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay guys. Here's the situation:

I currently have a 29 gallon tank stocked with 6 lemon tetras, 4 cories, and 2 blue rams.

I have a 10 gallon stocked with 3 female bettas, a pregnant guppy, and 2 dwarf frogs.

I want to either move my 3 female bettas to the 29 gallon, or my guppy plus some more guppies. Which would be the better option? Any suggestions? Also, while moving them to a new tank how should I go about doing this?

P.S. I plan to get one angel for the 29 gallon in the future if that makes a difference. I heard guppies and angels don't always mix so well.

Thanks so much for the advice! I always appreciate it!

Dont get the angels, the rams and tetras and cories is good enough. Put the guppies in the 29 and leave the bettas in the ten.

How about moving the bettas to the 29 then make the 10g a livebearer tank. Livebearers and egglayers infuse different chemistrys into their water. The guppies would love a higher kh, pH, and just a little salt(1 tsp/5 gal) where your other egglaying fish like a more acidic, soft, no salt water. Put some easy level plants into a thicket and let the babies grow up with their parents. Enjoy the babies growing and coloring up without getting eaten by the fast egglayers. OS.

How about moving the bettas to the 29 then make the 10g a livebearer tank. Livebearers and egglayers infuse different chemistrys into their water. The guppies would love a higher kh, pH, and just a little salt(1 tsp/5 gal) where your other egglaying fish like a more acidic, soft, no salt water. Put some easy level plants into a thicket and let the babies grow up with their parents. Enjoy the babies growing and coloring up without getting eaten by the fast egglayers. OS.

Sounds like a good idea!

How are the three female Bettas doing together? I've always heard they need a big tank with lots of plants to break up the tank visually in order to establish their own territories.

How are the three female Bettas doing together? I've always heard they need a big tank with lots of plants to break up the tank visually in order to establish their own territories.

They are great! They only stay in a 10 gallon and are pretty friendly. However it is obvious who runs things. My local fish store puts all the female bettas in one tank to begin with. So it is nothing new for them to be with other female bettas. Here is a pic of how friendly they can be!

Attachments

• image-1166702037.jpg
    image-1166702037.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 46
Wow! They are beauties! It's great they get along so well. That places another "it depends" on a oft repeated fishie rule.

Wow! They are beauties! It's great they get along so well. That places another "it depends" on a oft repeated fishie rule.

Yeah these two came from the same tank, and I purchased a dark blue one from petco. The blue one is the dominant one and these two sorta stick together haha

Back
Top Bottom