African Dwarf Frog feeding problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unhappyfrogs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had 3 African Dwarf Frogs living by themselves. There's been a lot of deaths and thanks to this site I've been able to get a stable environment for my frogs. I've been hand feeding them brine shrimp and blood worms but I want to be able to just drop a pellet in the tank. I got a dish and led them there to eat the shrimp and also put a pellet in. At the beginning of the training I left town and left the care of the frogs to my dad. He was very vague in the details of their care but it sounded like he mostly dropped a pellet or two into the dish and the next day it was gone. I was very happy, sounded like the frogs were eating and I could stop doing tedious hand feeding.
This morning, I find one of the two is dead. I'm assuming it was starvation, but of course I can't be sure. I'm sort of at my wits end! Does someone have any suggestions on how to feed these frogs easily? Do I have to get another frog so the alive one is not alone?

I'm no expert on these frogs but I do have one in my 3gal tank along with a betta and a bamboo shrimp. I've had him for about a month and a half. What I do is feed him blood worms from a turkey baster. He know knows the baster means food and instantly sticks his head inside it :lol:. I would recommend it, it does take some time but I know he gets fed.

Well mine actually will eat fish flake. I buy the 1 pound bag from Kensfish, it's better than the normal brands. Also blood worms. Really depends on the individual frog. All of them have different personalities.

Back
Top Bottom