African dwarf frogs and amplexus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyla

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ive had an African dwarf frog for about six months. I finally went and bought a friend for it Sunday, and when I woke up Monday morning they were already in amplexus. That went on for literally the entire day, and at least most of the night, when I woke up Tuesday morning they were apart. I left for work, came home at 230, and they were doing it again. They came apart around 11am today, I went and ran some errands, and they're doing it again. Is this normal? I moved them to another tank yesterday, I'd say there's about 100 little eggs floating around the top, not to mention the ones that sunk to the bottom. Why does he keep going back for more every few hours? Do I separate them? (The adults. I know to separate them from the embryos). Or do I just keep letting them do their thing?

Do you have enough hiding places in your tank for her? Give her some plants and rocks/decorations to hide under, if not. I wouldn't separate them in the process, that's just not safe for them. Otherwise, just make sure the water level is low enough that they can get air as needed and maybe consider getting another frog or two to break up the party or switching her out for a male.

Thank you!! I do have a few plants, but probably not enough though. Poor thing:(

Theyre in the tank that the frogs were in with a heater and filter, I separated the frogs to keep him off her for a bit. They've already started hatching!! I foUnd about ten tadpoles last night!! :D

Back
Top Bottom