Aggressive electric blue ram when eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaggey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are a couple clips of the blue ram while eating, typically very peaceful but go nuts when eating

Thoughts?

That is pretty typical, I have 11 rams (GBR, electric blues, golds). They can be terrors when feeding. Try really spreading your food out and put several pieces (if your using algae tabs, which it kind of looks like), he can only guard one piece at a time so others will at least get something. Can you put any food in places not out in the open?

I have a lot of fish in there, that was the stuff that fell to the bottom as well as some food for the Cory cats. I have spread them around a lot but he seemed to guard an entire section and the other fish kept going for them even though there was other food lol.

If that's common then thats ok, just wasn't sure.

Thanks, kind of funny to watch anyways

You know they all have their own personalities and his seems to be "master of the universe, well at least the food". Is he a single?

Oh forgot, put an algae tablet down after lights are off for the cory's. They will get it then without a fight. Also, try feeding warmed, deshelled pea's, smushed up a couple times a week. You don't need many. My rams love them and the cory's do too. Actually all my fish, angels, rams, tetras, cory's, loaches all love pea's. And with peas they can take pieces and run with them.

Back
Top Bottom