Blue Rams eating but not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leila

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got two electric blue rams a few days ago. They’re active and healthy looking. BUT! When I feed them, they eat like crazy but spit everything back out. I’m feeding them flakes and dried bloodworms. Any clues at to what’s going on and what I should do will be super appreciated.

You're probably overfeeding?

I’m watching them from the second I put the food in (twice a day) and it doesn’t seem that one morsel stays in their mouths. They certainly grab a lot - they seem hungry- but just spit it all back out.

That’s how most fish eat, I wouldn’t be worried personally. You could try smaller sized food. Also twice a day is a lot to feed IMO.

That’s how most fish eat, I wouldn’t be worried personally. You could try smaller sized food. Also twice a day is a lot to feed IMO.

Thanks, BigRedReefs. I ended up calling someone that my supplier recommended as knowledgeable about rams/cichlids. He mentioned that it’s a normal eating habit for them. Eat/spit, eat/spit….. and the good news is that the rams are now poo’ing like crazy so I figure they must be ingesting something [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom