Aggressive Swords ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had Swords on and off for over 20 years and they have always been calm. My 30 Gal. tank now has only 2 red capped Orandas. Today I added 1 male and 1 female Sword. The male Sword is going after the Orandas fairly aggressivly and I'm quite concerned. I have never seen this behavior before. Any suggestions? All water params are normal. Thanks.:eek:

Well I do know that you should have more than one female to every male, as that can end up stressing the female out. You probably know that too though if you have had them for over 20 years lol. Do the Orandas have flowly fins? Doesn't seem like something a sword would do, but all fish are different.

That is something I have forgot. I was trying to keep the bioload low. The Orandas have very beautiful flowing fins and that is a concern, but it seems the Swords are trying to stake a terrirtory. Maybe she is expecting but I doubt it. Thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom