Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is full of it. How do I get it out of my tank. I have an algae eater but it's not doing anything.

Can you post a picture, do you know what type of alage it is?

You can add live plants and a bubbler to help remove the C02 out of the tank.

I'm pretty sure c02 is the problem here.

A picture is definitely needed as there are many types of algae and reasons that cause it.

What type of lighting and how long do you run them daily? Is the tank planted or not? What is you WC schedule and how much do you change out weekly? What size tank do you have and what is your exact stock? What is your nitrate testing at?

For starters only run lighting 6 hours daily until you have the algae problem corrected and the algae is gone. Also depending on the type of algae some can be spot treated with Hydrogen Peroxide 3%.

Best I can do. And it's a 55g

Attachments

• image-4040160331.jpg
    image-4040160331.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 63
The pic is too small to see the algae so maybe you can look at the pic's on this link and see if any of these most common algae are what you have... James' Planted Tank - Algae Guide.

Also knowing more information about the tank with the questions I asked might help in finding the cause of the algae.

The pic is too small to see the algae so maybe you can look at the pic's on this link and see if any of these most common algae are what you have... James' Planted Tank - Algae Guide. Also knowing more information about the tank with the questions I asked might help in finding the cause of the algae.

According to this I have hair thread fuzz. But it's more hair or thread

So what is your lighting and how long do you run it daily? Do you use liquid carbon or CO2? What about ferts? Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels? What is your WC schedule and how much do you change out weekly?

So what is your lighting and how long do you run it daily? Do you use liquid carbon or CO2? What about ferts? Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels? What is your WC schedule and how much do you change out weekly?

I have a repti sun t5 5.0 like 56 watts and a basking light but that's more of an orangish color. I do 11 hours daily, 0 c02 I use API plant food but that's it. Just changed substrate to sand a day or two ago, nitrate and phosphate idk. I'm getting a master test wed when I get paid, I do a weekly water change on Sundays but I skipped today because I did a substrate change the other day. And I usually do 50%. And even if I did spot treatments, I'm pretty sure it's in my filter too, I know it's in my hoses I can see it

Start by only running lighting 6 hours a day until algae is gone. I would still spot treat the algae you can.

The minimum I can run it is 10 hours as this is a vivarium with my reptiles too, can I dilute the fish tank with peroxide and then do a water change?

That makes it alittle harder to dead with. Even with spot treating the algae will probably come back. You may have to learn to live with some.

I'll have to check that out when I get the tester from work

That makes it alittle harder to dead with. Even with spot treating the algae will probably come back. You may have to learn to live with some.

Yeah that website said my mollies will eat it and I have 5 of those, so I guess why it's disappearing from my plants, my rainbow sharks and flying fox sae helps too. I think it only got in my hoses because I left my filter off for a little on accident. Can algae handle high flowing places?

Back
Top Bottom