ancistrus food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki

Aquarium Advice Regular
My ancistrus eat the algae and some pills I put in the tank for the kuhli as well but I was told it's good to give them spinach or cucumber, has anyone tried? and how much should I give?
Generally speaking what's the correct amount of food for a fish a day? one flake for a mature fish? one pill for the fish at the bottom of the tank?
Thanks

feeding

Parboiled zuchini is a good food for them. Also, the algae wafers will work well. You can also offer worms such as frozen blood worms. I don't know any reason you couldn't offer cucumbers. I don't know about spinach...it has a very high oxyalic acid content. How much to feed? That's hard to answer for a bottom feeder. I would think if you put food in at night and some is still there the next morning, I would cut back a little. My pleco pretty much devours anything I put in there for him, but he's pretty large. Something to watch for on these fish is a shrunken stomach. Another thing is their eyes. If their eyes appear to have sunk back in their heads, they aren't getting enough to eat. They will also eat flakes that sink to the bottom.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom