Angelfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 7 medium sized angelfish in my 55 gallon tank and I'm just curious as to what smaller species I could add to my tank. I am running dual hob fluval C4 so I have more filtration then my tank requires. Anyone with experience with an angelfish community tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A bottom dwelling species would be your best bet. Corydoras or Bolivian Rams for example.

You could also do large bodied tetras that won't nip the fins of the angels. Colombian Tetras are usually a good bet.

That being said, make sure you keep an eye on the angels as they reach maturity. It may be OK or it could be a little ugly if they start to pair up.

I'd rather keep angels by themselves but I currently have a pair with 4 Bolivian rams and there's peace in the tank. There's no interacting, aggression or pecking between the rams and angels.
Oh and 7 angels in a 55 is trouble brewing, in optimal conditions they get quite large and some can get very aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would definitely recommend some bottom dwellers such as a shoal of Corrys or some kuhli loaches or a pair of rams could work also, and as already mentioned they do get fairly large and seven might turn out to be too many in that sized tank pretty soon.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have yo yo loachs in with my angels , they give the tank some movement, and eat anything the angels don't

I just picked up 8 albino corydoras so they will be a nice addition. Also picked up some Anubis nana and some crypts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom