Angels and serpaes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I know serpae tetras tend to be nippy fish and having angels with long flowing fins, it sounds like a bad idea. However, I've been keeping a school of them with a dwarf gourami who also has long fins in a 55 gallon. So, if I were to eventually get angelfish in the future, could this work? Or would it be a terrible idea?

I found it worked ok and each group kept mainly to themselves. The tetra school I had to lift to a minimum of 10 though to spread the nipping around.

I found it worked ok and each group kept mainly to themselves. The tetra school I had to lift to a minimum of 10 though to spread the nipping around.

Alright that's great news. I'll probably try it out and return if it doesn't go well. Thanks

In the end the tetras were pinching food off the angelfish but good to have a backup plan. Also I found I needed to get good size tetras as the angelfish got larger otherwise they were just an expensive snack until they survived a week and the angelfish lost interest.

Alright that's great news. I'll probably try it out and return if it doesn't go well. Thanks

Yeh mate is right, larger school mean less nipping as its spread across the school and it also alters their behaviour. And I'd be more afraid of the angles once trey grow, these fish are the nippy ones once they get to mating

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom