Any small species of Plecostomas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get a rio negro pleco/clown pleco literally the biggest I've seen and owned, they're well suited for a 10g a long as there is wood available.

Attachments

• image-1934418987.jpg
    image-1934418987.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 70
Get a rio negro pleco/clown pleco literally the biggest I've seen and owned, they're well suited for a 10g a long as there is wood available.

The one I have now isn't even 2-1/2 inches yet and it's 2 years old. In the past the one's I've had never got over the 2-1/2 inch mark.

The one I have now isn't even 2-1/2 inches yet and it's 2 years old. In the past the one's I've had never got over the 2-1/2 inch mark.

Yeah, this one is the biggest rio negro I've seen and owned, you're right they're very slow growers, the one in the pic is almost 2 1/2 and it feels like he'll stay that way for a long time.

Looking them up on the Internet says they get to 4 inches but that's insane, they must be ancient to get that size.

Yeah, this one is the biggest rio negro I've seen and owned, you're right they're very slow growers, the one in the pic is almost 2 1/2 and it feels like he'll stay that way for a long time.

Looking them up on the Internet says they get to 4 inches but that's insane, they must be ancient to get that size.

I'm sure that only happens in the wild since you know a lot of fish when kept in the hobby never reach their full wild size.

I'm sure that only happens in the wild since you know a lot of fish when kept in the hobby never reach their full wild size.

True, I'd like to see how big I can get the fry once they breed again, by using a much larger tank with frequent WCs. I'm not positive I can get them to 4 but certainly to 3 in.

Back
Top Bottom