Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2021, 03:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Apistos w/ Dwarf Gouramis aka stocking advice

Hi all,

So I'm just brainstorming stocking ideas for a 130 litre/35ish gallon freshwater tank that already has 12 corydoras (6 sterbai and 6 julii) inhabiting it. I've normally kept bettas in the past but I want to try something new and I stumbled across apistos. Obviously my tank isn't big enough to do standard cichlids, but is it possible to keep dwarf or honey gouramis with a pair of apisto? My original idea was angel fish but I would like to keep more than a pair in the tank. I'm not a fan of tetras or rasboras, I've owned them before and they just didn't cut it for me.

Does anyone have any stocking ideas? Any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Image provided is the tank the betta is no longer there and I do plan to attempt some sort of hard scape/cave system for the apistos if I go down that route.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210103_164919.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	319701  

Old 02-09-2021, 08:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think that stocking would work. Apistogramma aren't overtly aggressive. And they live more on the bottom of the tank, and a gourami lives toward the top since it's a labyrinth fish

Tags
advice, api, dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, gouramis, ram, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com