aquarium fish numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickb144

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi just wanted to check i am not over stocking my 30gallon 3 foot tank please. At moment i have 4 corydoras catfish, 4 male guppies and 4 x-ray tetra. Tomorrow i plan to add 2 male dwarf gourami then 6 neon tetra at a later date. As you can see most of them pretty small. Gourami will be biggest. Hope this all ok. Thanks

In my opinion, that will not be overstocked at all. You still have some space if you wanted to add a few more fish after you add those. You could up the numbers on all the schools a bit if you want to. If you are good with the stock you have planned, then that is fine too. :)

Thank you. That's a great help...and a great relief. Was just a bit worried even though looked like there is lots of space in tank its good to get advice from more experienced fish keepers. I really looking forward to adding the Gourami tomorrow. Beautiful looking fish. Might take your advice too and up the schools just a little maybe later on but will see how it goes for now. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom