aquarium safe spray paint??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i was just sittin here lookin at my tank, and the intake tube on the xp3 has finally mifped me to the point i have to do something about it. that is the dumbest color to make that tube, it just sticks out with the light on it.

so i was wonderin if anyone knew of a brand of spray paint i can get in flat black to paint it. (well at least the extensions and the intake strainer since the filter is running and doing the top section would require disassembling half the filter plumbing)

I've never come across any spray paint safe for aquariums. How about wrapping it in electrical tape? It is black and shouldn't poison the tank. Whether it'd stay because of the moisture from the water is a different question...and I have no clue...but it's a thought :)

A friend of mine uses Krylon Fusion. The chemical reaction remains inert. If he uses it in his nano-reef tanks w/o any issues you will definetly be ok using it in a FW/BW tank.

I don't know how it would look, but there's black aquarium sealant as well. And as for the strainer, could put a small black sponge prefilter on the end so you don't plug up the strainer with sealant.

Back
Top Bottom