Are any of my mollies pregnant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmz23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I've just recently bought 4 female mollies from petsathome. One speckled one looks fatter than the rest and has me wondering if she was pregnant. Could you look at my pics and see if she is. As I'm newish to this I was wondering if any are pregnant would the frys survive in the tank?.
At the moment there is only the four females in?

Thanks

Hi all,

I've just recently bought 4 female mollies from petsathome. One speckled one looks fatter than the rest and has me wondering if she was pregnant. Could you look at my pics and see if she is. As I'm newish to this I was wondering if any are pregnant would the frys survive in the tank?.
At the moment there is only the four females in?

Thanks

Hey i will take a look at your pics but first i will reply to the other comments you made chances are if she was in a tank with males at the pet store she and the other females are likely pregnant. As for the fry you could always get a breeding trap you can do a bit of research on those. Personally i dont use breeding traps as long as you have a good amount of plants and hiding places you should have some fry that survives. i sometimes scoop my fry out and place them in a smaller tank mostly i just leave them to their own fate. Its alright to keep all females but only if you don't want any more fry if you are hoping to have more fry i would suggest getting a male.

Ok thank. I definitely don't want anymore frys lol but will try and see how they go on there own. There's nothing else in the tank but the 4 females.

I checked out your photos and its hard to say if they are pregnant for sure from those pictures but i do see what you mean by one being particularly big so its probably very likely she is pregnant and judging by your set up i think you have a good amount of hiding places so your fry probably will survive fine.

Here is a quick article on mollies

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/livebearer/mollies.php

And here is a bunch of pictures of pregnant mollies that may help you

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c...MvZyQHIy4DICQ&ved=0CDgQ1QIoAA&biw=400&bih=563

Ok thanks. You've been very helpful and will check the links out, I hope they are lol just to see them, well if they ain't eaten first that is lol

Back
Top Bottom