assassin snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I read they burrow under sand at day. Would these be decent to keep the sand sifted?? How many in a 10 gal sand bottom? Also I have a rather large mystery snail, will they eat him?

The one I have goes into the sand but not that deep because I still see him usually. My mts are much better at sifting the sand from what I noticed.

Desastre said:
The one I have goes into the sand but not that deep because I still see him usually. My mts are much better at sifting the sand from what I noticed.

So what size is ur tank mine is a 55g I just got one assassin to kill off my mystery snails and I have tons of mts and I dont want to kill them off do u think I need more than one or am I good...sry for jumping in this thread

I don't think they will eat the mystery, I think its just smaller snails.. either way, mine can take the other tank lol

-Hippy Guy
I'n my 55g my sand bed is about 3-4inch thick so I overfed a little to bloom the mts in that tank but in my 20g my sand is about 2inch also but I really don't overfeed so I guess that's what I see them alot less in that tank but in either case with sand I never notice the mts in either tank intill the night time so the pros outweigh the cons.

And Xfactor
From what I noticed in my 55g my one assassin snails kills only like a snail or two a day so the population isn't in any real danger. I could probably one or two more and the population would still be good.

So there not good at sifting sand at all? Mines not that deep, and I stir ut up every so often when I do pwc.

hippy guy said:
I don't think they will eat the mystery, I think its just smaller snails.. either way, mine can take the other tank lol

The mysterys that I'm killing are babies I had 3 clutches hatch and now have like 300+ not cool

hippy guy said:
So there not good at sifting sand at all? Mines not that deep, and I stir ut up every so often when I do pwc.

From my experiences I would say a definite no.

Back
Top Bottom