Balloon Belly Mollies are shy? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omgitzmollie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My new balloon belly mollies keep hiding behind the filter and arent eating, what should i do????

Attachments

• image-427423137.jpg
    image-427423137.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 92
Is she preggers and looks good? What is your water levels?

My water levels are normal my spotted one is pregnant and i understand if she hides but i dnt know why the others are.

I have more picts of the pregnant one in my album called Balloon Molly- Dotty can you tell be how far along she is i just got her yesterday and im not too farmiliar with balloon bellies

omgitzmollie said:
My water levels are normal my spotted one is pregnant and i understand if she hides but i dnt know why the others are.

Is there a bully in the tank?

omgitzmollie said:
I have more picts of the pregnant one in my album called Balloon Molly- Dotty can you tell be how far along she is i just got her yesterday and im not too farmiliar with balloon bellies

I've never good at telling sorry I always tell it will be later than it really is.

In my tank now i have some black skirt tetras, buenos aires, and a gourami none of them have bullied the mollies.

I got them mollies yesterday

Well, if you only got them yesterday i think its fine, but if it keeps like that, no eating and hiding alot or kinda stressed, i would advise you to take back to the store if you can, because i had a bala shark, he didnt eat for 11 days that he was with me and he was very stressed, he died 1 day before i take him back to the store.

Thanks torres i was worried because i hadnt seen any do this before. This helps a lot :)

Thanks torres i was worried because i hadnt seen any do this before. This helps a lot :)
no bother ;p
When i first put my fishes in the tank, both of my mollies didnt eat for 2 days i guess, then they started to eat.
And i like to feed them every other day, to make sure they wont leave any food around, it works perfeclty :D

Back
Top Bottom