Best birthday present?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm wondering what y'all think I should ask for? I was possibablly thinking of a flu all spec, but the problem is I want a school of neons and a female betta, would that fit? Or a better idea? Not too expensive, but nice. The only places I could put it is a desk or dresser. So not to big either. Anyone know like a 8 gallon tank or something? Thanks

hopefully it was clear I ment best birthday present. In the title, it kinda got messed up

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact that they have 5 gallon tank for bettas. If you are planning on getting a betta fish with some other fish, get a female betta, they are less aggressive than males are. Im pretty sure Cory catfish get along with female bettas but if you get Cory catfish you'll need 3 or 4, they like to be in groups. If you plan on getting an 8 I would recommend getting a 10 gallon for maybe like 20 or 30 dollars more and Extra room for the fish. It's up to you since I don't know your budget.

After research, I've found that there are chances of the betta attacking the Cory catfish. One betta is beautiful by itself and will fit into a 5 gallon happily. If you want to get a tank with multiple fish get a 10 gallon with 2 platys and 2 mollies. They go well with each other.

After research, I've found that there are chances of the betta attacking the Cory catfish. One betta is beautiful by itself and will fit into a 5 gallon happily. If you want to get a tank with multiple fish get a 10 gallon with 2 platys and 2 mollies. They go well with each other.

Personally, i wouldn't do mollies in a 10, they are way too active.

The budget isn't really my problem, but space. I want it to go on a desk, and I doubt or could hol a 10.. So I I got a 6.6 gallon desktop tank, which is really long, like 20 or so inches, and I'm not sure the dimensions, but a betta, some rcs, and a school of galaxy rasboras or neon tetras

I personally would go without the betta unless its gonna be the only one in the tank. They can get pretty aggressive and with the tetras being the size they are the betta might find them as an easy target.

Back
Top Bottom