Best Breeding Fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recent have been in the breeding fish thing.

Breeding cory's currently, but I just got my hands on 2 more 10 gal tanks. And a 25.

I'm looking for some cool ideas, your favorite fish to breed. (No molly, platy, or guppies).

I've been seriously considering doing GBR's, or even plecos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shell.
Freakin'
Dwellers.

(Neolamprologus multifasciatus)

Seriously, I got them 6 months ago. They breed easily, they raise their own fry, their behavior is over-the-top and engrossing to watch. You could easily keep them in a 10 gallon. I seriously cannot recommend them enough.

If you want a challenge? Try breeding kuhli loaches in one of the 10's.

You know what?? I'm looking into these shell freaking dwellers, and it sounds very interesting. I'm wondering if my Lfs will have any of them.

I gotta do some more reading but it sounds like a great idea

I suggest killifish. I just got my first pair recently and they're beautiful, and once you start breeding them you can't stop breeding other variants and subspecies.

Plus their setup is fairly simple although getting water that is perfect for them is difficult. Also they're live food fish but breeding most fish requires live food.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shell.
Freakin'
Dwellers.

(Neolamprologus multifasciatus)

Seriously, I got them 6 months ago. They breed easily, they raise their own fry, their behavior is over-the-top and engrossing to watch. You could easily keep them in a 10 gallon. I seriously cannot recommend them enough.

If you want a challenge? Try breeding kuhli loaches in one of the 10's.

That's more than a challenge lol that's near impossible.

If I were going to breed something I would focus on discus that will make you some money. Though discus of course are fragile creatures and not for the faint of heart.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If I were going to breed something I would focus on discus that will make you some money. Though discus of course are fragile creatures and not for the faint of heart.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'd like to say killis are easier to breed and worth a fair bit of dough.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'd like to say killis are easier to breed then discus and worth a fair bit of dough.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I am a (wannabe) scientist! "Nearly impossible" sounds like the perfect challenge to me!

Still recommending those multis though. You can breed them forever in the same tank and you don't even ever have to remove fry until you get rediculously overstocked, because they're colonial by nature. I have 25 of them in my 20 gallon! (Water changes yay)

Try Neolamprologus Ocellatus, they are as prolific as the Multis, but not as many people breed them, so you could make more money off them

Wow! I love all of these suggestions. Btw, I did get my first 4 discus, they are around 4", so I plan on giving it a shot sometime down the road.

I like alot of these suggestions though. I appreciate some of the rare fish and their ideas. I got a buddy of mine that keeps pushing the value of krib's on me. Sounds interesting enough....

Wow! I love all of these suggestions. Btw, I did get my first 4 discus, they are around 4", so I plan on giving it a shot sometime down the road.

I like alot of these suggestions though. I appreciate some of the rare fish and their ideas. I got a buddy of mine that keeps pushing the value of krib's on me. Sounds interesting enough....

The value of kribs? What does he mean by that?

He was saying there are alot that are sterile and that you could sell them for $30/each.

Once again, I don't know anything about kribs, but he says they are pretty cool fish and easy to breed. I'd like to try breeding something that alot of local stores don't offer. Something unique.

He was saying there are alot that are sterile and that you could sell them for $30/each.

Once again, I don't know anything about kribs, but he says they are pretty cool fish and easy to breed. I'd like to try breeding something that alot of local stores don't offer. Something unique.

$30 for a Kribensis? LOL they are tops $10 each here.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Not to say the $30 quote was wrong, but I did go to a fish auction and the guy auctioning them usually doesn't bring them because he can only get about $20-$25/pair. What my buddy was telling me was that he makes more selling them to LFS, because they can sell them for $30/each. I don't know, maybe it's the region, but I havnt found them in any if my LFS either

Back
Top Bottom