Best ich treatment? Urgent, pls help me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning mommytron :) It's going pretty well, I think. One of the neons looks like it's losing color..I know they don't agree well with the salt so that is probably why. Yesterday was the 6th day w/o spots and the 11th day with salt...I did a 30% pwc w/o replacing salt. I don't want to rush it but of course I want the salt out. :ermm:

That's good to know Siva. You did a great job getting rid of the ich! :D

I have to tell you Microbe-Lift products are like gold, I use 8 of their products and they work brilliantly, best of all they are chemical free. They also have Herbtana great for ick and Artemiss for Bacterial Diseases. I use both, no heat or salt, ick was gone in a couple of days, I still treated for the recommended 10 days though to be safe. You can't go wrong with Microbe-Lift.

But again, Microbe-Lift Ich Out is not invert safe. Most ich meds aren't.

good to hear. good call reducing salinity slowly. just like you had to slowly get them used to it you want to slowly get them used to fresh water. i'm sure once your tank is back to normal your fishies will color up again :)

I have to tell you Microbe-Lift products are like gold, I use 8 of their products and they work brilliantly, best of all they are chemical free. They also have Herbtana great for ick and Artemiss for Bacterial Diseases. I use both, no heat or salt, ick was gone in a couple of days, I still treated for the recommended 10 days though to be safe. You can't go wrong with Microbe-Lift.

Why start another ich thread...

I just noticed one of my Barbs has ich...Only 1 small spot, but he has it.

I used Herbtana in the past when I bought a Gold Ram who brought it along with him. It took time, but eventually the Ram cleared up(no other fish got it) and looks fine and I have not had ich show up until now..just added a Bolivian Ram).

The reason I am using the Herbtana is I have a blue lobster that I cannot catch amongst all the plants/etc. He is fast when he wants to be :lol: A small LFS near me recommended it(scaleless/invert safe) and said she used it as a treatment. So I gave it a shot. Didn't seem to bother the lobster or clams at all and all signs of ich disappeared within 7-10 days. I actually thought fish seemed happier after I added it. I did not raise temp at time...

I did several 20% water changes yesterday, turned temp up, aerator on and began treating last night....Time will tell. The barb with the ich is acting normal and active as can be. Hopefully it doesn't get worse :(

Water tested:
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20
PH - 7.6
GH - 75
KH -120
Co2 is not running right now..I'm dosing with excel.

Last edited:
Why start another ich thread...

I just noticed one of my Barbs has ich...Only 1 small spot, but he has it.

I used Herbtana in the past when I bought a Gold Ram who brought it along with him. It took time, but eventually the Ram cleared up(no other fish got it) and looks fine and I have not had ich show up until now..just added a Bolivian Ram).

The reason I am using the Herbtana is I have a blue lobster that I cannot catch amongst all the plants/etc. He is fast when he wants to be :lol: A small LFS near me recommended it(scaleless/invert safe) and said she used it as a treatment. So I gave it a shot. Didn't seem to bother the lobster or clams at all and all signs of ich disappeared within 7-10 days. I actually thought fish seemed happier after I added it. I did not raise temp at time...

I did several 20% water changes yesterday, turned temp up, aerator on and began treating last night....Time will tell. The barb with the ich is acting normal and active as can be. Hopefully it doesn't get worse :(

Water tested:
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20
PH - 7.6
GH - 75
KH -120
Co2 is not running right now..I'm dosing with excel.

Thanks for sharing this Sparky. It sounds like you caught it so early that it should be pretty easy to take care of. I hope that Herbtana does the trick. I never would have thought of using a product for SW tanks.

A blue lobster with rams? Wow is all I can say lol. Mine just molted a couple times and got huge and I was wondering how will I catch him to transfer him to his new tank and another member told me they just chased theirs into a cup with a net. If you ever need to catch yours you might want to try that trick. :)

Thanks for sharing this Sparky. It sounds like you caught it so early that it should be pretty easy to take care of. I hope that Herbtana does the trick. I never would have thought of using a product for SW tanks.

A blue lobster with rams? Wow is all I can say lol. Mine just molted a couple times and got huge and I was wondering how will I catch him to transfer him to his new tank and another member told me they just chased theirs into a cup with a net. If you ever need to catch yours you might want to try that trick. :)

He's a small one. Only gets 5" or so. I've had him about 6 months and he is about full size. Gets more colorful after each molt :) So far, he has shown no aggression towards the fish. He will push fish aside to get at a pellet or wafer though :lol:....He'll probably get a fish one day, but so far so good.

I've gone over every fish I can find in the tank and they all seem clear and healthy. I think just the one barb is showing symptoms. The 2 larger clown loaches are hiding in the tree trunk/root so I can't tell if they are ok. Last time I saw them, they looked clean and colorful. I see a fin now and then moving :lol: Tried to coax them out, but they are cozy in their den.

Day 3 of Herbtana treatment

The one Barb still has one spot, but it definitely looks like it's fading. It took me a while to find the one with it, and this morning I could pick him out quick.
So either my eyes are tired or it's doing something.....

No other fish show any symptoms and if anything seem to be happier/more active since I started the treatment. Lobster seems fine as he has been aquascaping with my plants as usual. :facepalm:

I finally got a quarantine tank, so when I can catch him(I tried lol), he will be going for a vacation....

LOL I couldn't keep mine with live plants..he destroys plastic ones! hehe I'm not looking foward to catching mine either. I think that might be a husband job. :ermm:

How high did you bump the heat?

LOL I couldn't keep mine with live plants..he destroys plastic ones! hehe I'm not looking foward to catching mine either. I think that might be a husband job. :ermm:

How high did you bump the heat?

He leaves most of them alone...Can't keep microsword. He mows that stuff down faster than I can plant it. He loves eating the roots of those lol

Heat is up to about 85 give or take with 2 air pumps cranking full blast into 2 powerhead venturi intakes. No co2 today lol..

I would expect to see it get worse before it get's better. That's how it worked for me anyway. Maybe you caught it so quick that won't be the case for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom