Best water temperature for goldfish & guppies in the same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnnycali

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, very new to fish. 20G tank. I use a mesh to house the guppies separately but they are still sharing the water with the goldfishes (2 fancy, 1 common). I understand that goldfish like colder water / guppies like warmer water, so what is the best temperatures that anyone have successfully housed both of them? Thanks

Hi, very new to fish. 20G tank. I use a mesh to house the guppies separately but they are still sharing the water with the goldfishes (2 fancy, 1 common). I understand that goldfish like colder water / guppies like warmer water, so what is the best temperatures that anyone have successfully housed both of them? Thanks

Long term guppies and goldfish will not work out, especially in a 20 gallon tank. Common goldfish can exceed 12 inches and generate a lot of waste. The 20 gallon may seem big now, but they will quickly outgrow it. Guppies and Goldfish also have completely different ideal temperature ranges. I would recommend rehoming all of the goldfish and just going with the guppies as they are a much better choice for a 20 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom