Best way to rehome fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a couple of fish id like to sell. An angle fish it's too aggressive towards my other two. A Bolivian ram that always hides. My question is what is the best way to sell them. I've posted an ad on Craigslist. I went to a private owned fish store. The front desk clerk said she wouldn't buy from me because I didn't have a sellers license. She might of misunderstood as I only wanted to sell one or two fish. It might of also had to do with I'm only 15. What do you do with the fish you'd like to rehome? There is one other private owned fish store near me that I'm going to try.

I have a couple of fish id like to sell. An angle fish it's too aggressive towards my other two. A Bolivian ram that always hides. My question is what is the best way to sell them. I've posted an ad on Craigslist. I went to a private owned fish store. The front desk clerk said she wouldn't buy from me because I didn't have a sellers license. She might of misunderstood as I only wanted to sell one or two fish. It might of also had to do with I'm only 15. What do you do with the fish you'd like to rehome? There is one other private owned fish store near me that I'm going to try.

Most private fish stores will accept fish if you tell them you're trying to rehome them, not sell them. Saying you're trying to sell them can often lead to misunderstandings as fish breeders sometimes have to follow several rules and fill out paperwork to be allowed to sell. The store will sometimes will give you store credit, but most will just take them for free.

Back
Top Bottom