Betta Hangout ideas wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
My betta seems to be enjoying the community tank setting (30 gal, shared with 8 neon tetras, 5 cory pandas and 6 small/dwarf platies) and spends a good deal of time lounging / resting behind the decor, inside the floating plant leaves, and on the heater suction cups (which always scares me !).

I was thinking that it would be nice to give him some "hang out" space and a place to rest when he's tired of the current.

I was thinking maybe something like this (link below) would work, but I can't tell if the ends are open or are also partitioned off (does anyone know ??).
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=19285;category_id=2829;pcid1=1537;pcid2=

I was also thinking of maybe a clear plastic ghost house, but I'd rather have something that is closer to the top of the tank for him, so ideally I'd like something that is clear acrylic and can be attached to the tank wall with suction cups - any thoughts ?

Thanks

An acrylic soapdish suction cupped to the tank would work too. So would a fluffy clump of floating Java moss.

An t-iasg .... one question ...... can I be reincarnated as a betta so you can adopt me ! ?

Funny - I was just in the shower and I have a little acrylic basket where I keep my hair clips and other small implements against the shower wall and I thought "whoa ! that would be PERFECT for Elvis (the betta)".

I see a trip to the housewares dept in my future very very soon :)

ps - at the moment Elvis is hanging out in his "floating" silk plants - he just did his swim around the tank to make sure that everything is A-OK. He's such a cute little curious fella - its amazing how fast he and I worked out the perfect placements for feeding - we had it down to a science after only 6 pellets - two feedings. We worked with the current and we figured out where the pellet should be dropped, and where he should wait, so that the current gently floats the pellet into his waiting mouth.

I don't know if this is normal behavior, but I had a beta in my 2.5. I had this half shell coconut with a hole cut in the front on the bottom of the tank. He spent alot of time hanging out inside the coconut.

I got my soap dishes at Target. They have a few different kinds - look for the clear acrylic one.

LOL - I would love to "adopt" you in your "betta reincarnation"!

Every betta I ever had found that soap dish bed within 10-15 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom