Betta questions/problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duaumun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey

I picked up a betta sometime last week, figuring i would use my one gal to give it a better home. But i am starting to have some questions about him.
One, can i feed him the food i give to my other fish. They are flakes and my fish are tetras and rasboras in my larger tank. If not, what should i do?
Two, how come he has destroyed the hornworts i put in with hime? He ripped the first from the gravel, and the second one he tore to pieces over my (four day) vacation. He was fed during that time.
I appreciate your help. First betta i've had/saved.

1. Yes you can feed him the flakes you feed to your other fish, however, he may. may not eat them. One of my bettas loves the flakes, and one of my bettas won't touch them, or if he does, he spits them out right away. It's important to give your betta a varied diet like your other fish. Flakes, betta pellets and blood worms are just a few of the choices out there.

2. I am not sure why he as you say destroyed the hornwort. Bettas love to rest on plants or whatever else they can. Perhaps he was just trying to rest on them, or he swam through them and they uprooted. I don't think he putposly sabatoged your hornwort, lol.

Funny thing is, about the resting part on plants, he ripped one five inches tall into twenty different pieces. I have noticed that his rock shelter has a large amount of shreddings on the floor. The shelter is just a lean-to of rocks, but it serves it's purpose.

Back
Top Bottom