Betta tank decoration ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mindy2400

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I am looking for ideas for my betta tank as far as toys, decorations, etc, that will keep him happy and active. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 16111735501595681454785661125386.jpg
    16111735501595681454785661125386.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 354
First thing I was going to say was a Betta Log, but there it is!!! I like to add a few hardy stems floating in the top for them to cuddle up in.

Some like to offer a little mirror for flaring once in a while, temporary activity, not on the tank all the time.

A friend of mine would turn up the filter for 20 minutes or so (built up the number of minutes, not all at once ) on a regular basis to get his little guy stronger, and funny but the Betta would go over to the flow and swim against it, play in it.

The tank looks very nice and interesting. Like a really good home!

Feeding live Brine shrimp or Tubifex worms also is a bit of fun activity. Daphnia.

Nice setup! Good mix of open space and dense areas for him to hunt around in.

I notice mine likes to squeeze into little spaces and then work his way out, brushing his fins along different textures of plants, rocks, etc. He also seeks out deep dark places where he can avoid the light for a daytime nap and not be found (so he thinks) by prying eyes.

As an aggressive species they seem to "own" their space and take an interest in every little change. So I periodically add something and then replace it with other decor a month or so later. Arches of different sizes are especially good, sort of a gateway to another area even though it's basically the same old landscape. This doesn't upset him; on the contrary, he seems to act happy to have something new to explore.

That drive-through log is essential, sort of like having a bedroom to return to for comfort and a basic launching spot. The mirror ball Autumnsky referred to is a good 5 minutes of exercise in a day (no more) and has become my betta's reason to get up in the morning. He anticipates it for hours before lunchtime Fight Club begins, and he patrols the tank for hours afterwards to make sure the interloper doesn't return. The little fishstick has a busy life, what with the hunting - napping - patrolling - managing his estate!

Nice setup! Good mix of open space and dense areas for him to hunt around in.

I notice mine likes to squeeze into little spaces and then work his way out, brushing his fins along different textures of plants, rocks, etc. He also seeks out deep dark places where he can avoid the light for a daytime nap and not be found (so he thinks) by prying eyes.

As an aggressive species they seem to "own" their space and take an interest in every little change. So I periodically add something and then replace it with other decor a month or so later. Arches of different sizes are especially good, sort of a gateway to another area even though it's basically the same old landscape. This doesn't upset him; on the contrary, he seems to act happy to have something new to explore.

That drive-through log is essential, sort of like having a bedroom to return to for comfort and a basic launching spot. The mirror ball Autumnsky referred to is a good 5 minutes of exercise in a day (no more) and has become my betta's reason to get up in the morning. He anticipates it for hours before lunchtime Fight Club begins, and he patrols the tank for hours afterwards to make sure the interloper doesn't return. The little fishstick has a busy life, what with the hunting - napping - patrolling - managing his estate!

Nice share!

Back
Top Bottom