Bettababe's 10 Gallon Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I lost one rasbora today. Not sure what was wrong. I'm keeping all parameters in check, and my cycle is complete. The fish had no sign of illness.

So, I lost one rasbora today. Not sure what was wrong. I'm keeping all parameters in check, and my cycle is complete. The fish had no sign of illness.
The temporary ammonia exposure probably did him in, sorry for your loss. Even .5 can be harmful. The reason fishless cycles are done is to prevent that, though. Also, the exposure to ammonia may not of killed the 3 other Rasboras it can leave long term effects. Damaged gills and a shorter life span. Hopefully the rest of the Rasboras are left un harmed. What was the highest your ammonia reached?

As soon as it would reach .5 ammonia I would do a water change to bring it back down to .25.
Still harmful. I'm sorry. You would of been done with fish less cycling a while ago. I just can't stress enough how strongly I feel on fishless cycling. Just my thoughts though. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom