Bettababe's 10 Gallon Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bettababe1011 said:
So, I got four harlequin rasboras, they're acclimating right now.

Yay for new fish! I got 6 new Africans today! Including a breeding pair of Red Empress's and my female is holding! Sooo stoked!

Cool! I'm very pleased with them. They seem healthy and happy. This is the first time that I bought from this lfs, but it is definitely my favorite. Not a dead fish in the store today! :D

Bettababe1011 said:
Cool! I'm very pleased with them. They seem healthy and happy. This is the first time that I bought from this lfs, but it is definitely my favorite. Not a dead fish in the store today! :D

That's always a plus! I tried a new lfs today too! Very impressive stock :)

Bettababe1011 said:
Went to Adam's. I guess it isn't exactly a local fish store, since it's about an hour away.

Oh... LOL. Adams has good stock but doesn't always have a good selection. Have you been to Iowa Pet Foods and Seascapes? It is near Adams...

So far the fish are doing well, swimming happily and seemingly healthy. I did a 50% water change because the ammonia was at .5.
Also, one of the four plant bulbs I bought has sprouted! The others grew white fungus, so I threw them out. The funny thing is, this is the one I figured would be thrown out first. When the sprout is big enough to be seen I'll post pictures of it. :D

Wow! .50 ammonia already?! What size is your tank? Nothin wrong with it just wondering because mine would take a couple days to get that amount of ammonia in it :) Did u use ur active media yet?

I can't get the media until tomorrow, because it's at my dad's and I was at my mom's house this weekend. But I think a little bit of ammonia was left over and I misread the test yesterday. But it's down now. :)
And it's a 10 gallon.

Bettababe1011 said:
I can't get the media until tomorrow, because it's at my dad's and I was at my mom's house this weekend. But I think a little bit of ammonia was left over and I misread the test yesterday. But it's down now. :)

Right on :)

So, all the rasboras are still doing great! I did a little over a 50% water change today, because the ammonia was back at .5.

Bettababe1011 said:
So, all the rasboras are still doing great! I did a little over a 50% water change today, because the ammonia was back at .5.

Keep up the good job on wc! :) pretty soon u won't be able to picture life without em lol! I still change water daily :)

Lol, I'll be glad when water changes are switched to once a week! I have to carry buckets of water up two sets of stairs! :O

I have to carry a five gallon bucket back and forth for my pwcs! I heard of this gravel vac that has an extra long hose so you can stick the end outside to drain it and then connect it to your faucet to pump water into your tank! Just thought I'd share that news with you :) (do you might buy one for ease of pwcs) ^^

Back
Top Bottom