Bettas and guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done a small bit of research after your suggestion and I keep reading that I need a sandy substrate but i have gravel, would this be a problem?

Well, I had mine with gavel for a while with no problems. But now I have sand an there loving it haha

if its just them and a betta there will be no problem, they have a pretty small bioload

Ok so this would be my
Full stock list ( if possible)

1x Betta
6x Tetras
10-15x RCS
5x Kuhli loach

Is that over stocked in a 2ft 15Gal?

Ok so this would be my

1x Betta
6x Tetras
10-15x RCS
5x Kuhli loach

Also I should mention that I plan on planting, java fern, anubias, java moss, Marino moss balls. Would that be ok?

Ok so this would be my

1x Betta
6x Tetras
10-15x RCS
5x Kuhli loach

That might be pushing it, but mabye if you stick with small nano tetras like neons, you could pull it off

That might be pushing it, but mabye if you stick with small nano tetras like neons, you could pull it off
Ok if I do that but hold off on the tetras and keep an eye on my levels? Keep up with weekly water changes? And see how it goes? Or possibly keep only 4 tetras? Or is 4 too small a group?

Ok if I do that but hold off on the tetras and keep an eye on my levels? Keep up with weekly water changes? And see how it goes? Or possibly keep only 4 tetras? Or is 4 too small a group?

If you keep up on water changes an such, you should be fine. I would go with a school of 5

If you keep up on water changes an such, you should be fine. I would go with a school of 5

Ok that's for all the advice :) one last question,
Black Kuhli loach or the stripy ones?

Which do you like best haha

I don't know haha, the stripy ones would add colour but I have a thing for black fish they just look nice? Such a bad way to put it I know lol. Would they mix together if I went with 3/2?

I don't know haha, the stripy ones would add colour but I have a thing for black fish they just look nice? Such a bad way to put it I know lol. Would they mix together if I went with 3/2?

That would be fine , I have 5 black ones an wish I coul find the banded one

That would be fine , I have 5 black ones an wish I coul find the banded one

Lol. That settles it then. It will probably take me a good 3 weeks to get stocked up and planted but I will post pics when I'm done. Thanks for all your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom