Black Diamond Stingrays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishMan2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anybody know anything about Leopoldi Black Diamond Stingrays? I've been looking into starting a tank with them.

first they are rather expensive
require a large tank as they are rather large
rays will spill over water from tank as they love to swim the surface making a mess so a hard floor over carpet is recommended for keeping the tank makes cleaning up water easier with a mop rather than trying to figure out how to dry out the rug.

I wanted to do a ray tank as well. This is what I learned in 6 months of heavy research, calling distributors, and finally talking to someone that had one.
1. They are expensive.
2. They require at least a 300 gallon tank.
3. If it fits in there mouth, its food.
4. If they have sand to hide in. They will hide a lot.
7. They are hard to treat if they get sick.
8. They are sensitive.
9. They are pretty easy to accidently kill.

If budge allows, I was told, get the best of everything, the biggest tank you can afford, and never skip on the food quality. Oh, they are expensive to accidently kill.

I wanted to do a ray tank as well. This is what I learned in 6 months of heavy research, calling distributors, and finally talking to someone that had one.
1. They are expensive.
2. They require at least a 300 gallon tank.
3. If it fits in there mouth, its food.
4. If they have sand to hide in. They will hide a lot.
7. They are hard to treat if they get sick.
8. They are sensitive.
9. They are pretty easy to accidently kill.

If budge allows, I was told, get the best of everything, the biggest tank you can afford, and never skip on the food quality. Oh, they are expensive to accidently kill.

The cost for proper housing of leos is crazy. About $1500+ for the tank(it will be custom) , $1500 + per ray plus the miscellaneous equipment needed.

Back
Top Bottom