Black Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a pair of Black Mollies for my 55 gallon community tank. The other fish in the tank are Angels, Tetras (Serpa, Columbian, Emporer) swords and catfish.
I was always under the impression that Mollies are midwater and bottom of the tank fish. For some reason these mollies stay right at the top water line. Is this unusual ? Could there be a reason why they stay at the top ? All the other fish swim all over and at all heights in the tank

Our mollies sometimes like to swim near the top, it depends. I've never seen them hang out at the bottom, but that's just my experience. The saltwater mollies like to hang out near the top more than the rest... but they're usually waiting for food.

Being that you just bought them, they could still be getting used to their new home. Our's take about a week to get comfy then they're all over the tank.

I just bought a pair of Black Mollies for my 55 gallon community tank. The other fish in the tank are Angels, Tetras (Serpa, Columbian, Emporer) swords and catfish.
I was always under the impression that Mollies are midwater and bottom of the tank fish. For some reason these mollies stay right at the top water line. Is this unusual ? Could there be a reason why they stay at the top ? All the other fish swim all over and at all heights in the tank

I have about 11 mollies split over 2 tanks. They go everywhere IME

Back
Top Bottom