Black spots on my endlers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ComicNinja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last week I picked up a few endlers. I noticed that they all have these black "lines" on the sides of their bodies. Normally I would have thought that this would be just natural colouration but over the past week I've noticed that these lines tend to change shape and prominence. In fact I just noticed that one of my endlers had it stretch almost down his whole body, head to tail fin, but now looking at him it only stretches about the length of his pectoral fin flat on his body. I was curious what these are and why they seem to change shape so often. If you need more detail I'd be happy to provide more. I'm still fairly new at this.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. I think the changing has to do with stress issues. You may need to check your water chemistry to make sure everything is good their. I know this isn't a bunch of help but it is a start.

I know the black spot is supposed to be there. Every picture of an endler I've seen has had it. It just changes shape and prominence quite frequently. If I had to guess I'd say it is some kind of internal organ although what I don't know. However it could be stress related. I'm not sure. Thanks though

ENDLER.jpg

This isn't my endler, mine wont stay still long enough to take a decent pic, the black area on the side however is exactly the same on mine. Like I said, I don't think it's disease, I'm just curious as to what it is and why it seems to change shape all the time. Again, sorry I'm new at this, this is the first tank I've had any significant contact with since I was 6 and it's the first tank of my own. Thanks for any help.

Yea, I think it may be stress related. I could be wrong. did you check your water make sure everything is good to go on that end?

It's still cycling somewhat so everything's not perfect but it's beginning to settle down

Back
Top Bottom