Black to blue ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the back of my SW tank, black, and I will be changing it soon. I really like the blue, but it's all a matter of prefence I think.

I kinda like the 'vivid light' color, or the 'medium medium'. 8)

I like the vivid medium or vivid dark because they are a truer color of blue. The Medium dark looks like its faded, and the strong dark is just not bold enough of a blue for me.
just my 2 cents.
-Stewie

I use a blue back drop closed to the strong or vivid medium for my SW setup. I use to use the phot backdrops, but switched because I feel the solid color provides a more sterile look and focuses on what is in the tank.

I have never painted a tank though and would be interested as it would eliminate the occasional drop of water between the galss and backdrop. Is the special kind of paint or procedure for painting glass?

i just made sure the tank was taped of good and put a lid on it so none would get inside and sprayed it w/ flat black spray paint. i'm guessing there is probably a better type of paint to use but it worked fine for me

I use the black/blue backing as well. I think it looks pretty nice...don't you?

30galtallfront.jpg

We always use black backing on the tanks. It seems to make the colors of the fish and decor pop out. The blue just reminds me of the fish stores.

I had a background that went from a darker blue at the bottom to a lighter blue at the top. It really made the tank look bright and all the plants "popped" in fornt of it. I put a "picture" one on my new 75 gal and it is fairly dark. I like them both, it's just a different look. I t is simply a matter of opinion but the bright blue really brightens up a tank.

Back
Top Bottom